LADXR: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - Randomizer
What is this?
This is a randomizer for the Gamebox Color game The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
What does this do? It changes the locations of items in the game to give a new way to play the game.
It ensures the game is still beatable, by checking if all locations can still be reached. But no guarantee that you progress from Dungeon to Dungeon, you will have to find your own path.
The goal of this randomizer is to create a new experience, which does not show any glitches or bugs (except when you use a bug/glitch yourself). Normal gameplay should not introduce any bugs, and it can be experienced like the normal game.
- Chest contents all chests is shuffled
- Your starting shield is randomized to be a different item (or the shield)
- Dungeon related items are kept in dungeons by default, keysanity option puts these items everywhere.
- Seashells, golden leaves, dungeon keys, and heart pieces are shuffled with items from the chests
- Trading sequence nor taking Marin on a date is needed to beat the game.
- Bowwow is put in a chest and can be anywhere. Once you find him, he will only follow you in the swamp. The cave with the Moblins contains a chest with any item, and do not require Dungeon 1 to be completed to be available.
- The ghost that follows you after Dungeon 4 is removed. Nobody likes that guy. The seashell in his house is always available.
- Golden leaves are decoupled from the slime key, the glitch where the slime key works as a way to open richard no longer works. As the golden leaves can be anywhere, and the slimekey can be anywhere.
- Marin is not needed to enter the desert, the walrus is already gone.
- Rooster is currently not available, a glitch Elephant statue is at the bird key location to allow access to that spot.
- Stealing from the shop is not required, there will always be enough rupees from chests before the item from the shop is needed.
- The rafting game can be accessed with just the hookshot, and not flippers, there are 2 chests in there.
- There is a "return to house" in the save and quit menu. To faster get around, and prevent soft locking yourself in rare situations (normal gameplay should not require it, but using glitches makes it easy to softlock yourself)
- The color dungeon is randomized as well, but without keysanity there is nothing of value there except for the tunic
- You might be required to use alternative kill methods on enemies, like powder on bats, or even luring Stalfos that run away from you into pits in Dungeon 1 map chest room.
You can use the following webpages to generate a custom randomized ROM for you.
Latest: Latest greatest version, can change at any moment and might be unstable.
V0.7: Current stable version, no known large bugs.
V0.6: Whole bunch of small bugs, softlocking due to bad key logic is possible, many newer features not available.
V0.5: Contains a few logic bugs, newer versions are recommended.
(Older versions are too unstable to be useful, as seed generation was not stable)
Drop by on discord for a chat!
Report issues/bugs on discord, or at github issue tracker
Visit here for another Links Awakening Randomizer, which has a different focus and gives different playstyle options. Both are cool! We use the same discord server.
Source code is available at: Source code. If you want to contribute, that can be done in many ways, including updating documentation, logic. Or even just bug reports!