LADXR: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - Randomizer
What is this?
LADXR is an item (and entrance) randomizer for the North American/English (revision-0/v1.0) ROM of "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX".
What does this do? It changes the locations of items in order to provide a new experience to the game.
It ensures the game is still beatable by checking if all locations can still be reached, but progress will (usually) not be linear: you will have to find your own path.
The goal of this randomizer is to create a new experience, both glitchless and bugless (except those caused by the player). Normal gameplay should not introduce any bugs, and it can be experienced like the normal game.
- Nearly every item is able to be shuffled, depending on your selected settings.
- Dungeon items are shuffled within their respective dungeon by default, but can be included with the rest of the pool (via keysanity, and the such).
- Dungeon keys (Tail Key, Angler Key, Face Key, Bird Key and Slime Key) and the Golden Leaves are also shuffled into the pool of items.
- The trading sequence and the date with Marin are now optional. Each part of the trading sequence will give you an item if you show them what they need.
Play older versions
You can use the following webpages to generate a custom randomized ROM for you.
Latest: The latest and greatest version, fresh off of the master branch. Can change at any moment, and may be unstable, but most of the time it works great.
V0.12: Latest stable. New entrance randomizer options. Fixed that shops never had items in logic. Dungeon chain introduced.
V0.11: Countless logic fixes, a new entrance rando mode, and proper webside plando support.
V0.10: Many bugfixes from v0.9, and a few more options. Recommended to use v0.11 instead, for the logic.
V0.9: Long time in the work compared to V0.8, many new options, newer web interface. Entrance randomization contains bugs, and should be avoided.
V0.8: Combining boss shuffle with heart container randomization is buggy. Various small logic bugs, less options than v0.9.
V0.7: A few small logic bugs, far less options.
V0.6: Whole bunch of small bugs, softlocking due to bad key logic is possible, many newer features not available.
V0.5: Contains a few logic bugs, newer versions are recommended.
(Older versions are too unstable to be useful and are not recommended, as seed generation was not stable)
Drop by on discord for a chat, or to join in on races!
Report issues/bugs on discord, or at the github issue tracker
Visit here for another Links Awakening Randomizer called Z4R, which has a different focus and gives different playstyle options. Both are cool! We use the same discord server.
New to the game? We recommend using a tracker!
- Magpie - Made by kbranch and MuffinJets
- Windfish.io - Made by Staghouse, primarily for Entrance Randomizer
Source code is available at Github. If you want to contribute, that can be done in many ways, including updating documentation, logic, or even just bug reports!